Unlocking Account-Based Marketing (ABM) with Activation Studio and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Harnessing the Power of Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Web Data for ABM
In the realm of B2B sales, companies are increasingly leveraging Account-Based Marketing (ABM) as a targeted strategy to reach high-value accounts. But how can tools like Activation Studio and Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud amplify these efforts? Dive deep into the world of ABM and explore its real-world use cases with us.
Deep Dive into Activation Studio and Lead Scoring
With Activation Studio’s Score Designer, setting up scoring rules becomes a breeze. These rules can either be one-time scores or can recur, depending on your strategy. Crucially, when formulating these rules, you have the luxury of accessing all data nestled within your SFMC Business Unit:
- Sales or Service Cloud data: Offering insights from the very core of your CRM.
- Marketing Cloud System Data Views: Providing a panoramic view of your marketing activities.
- All Data Extensions: For a comprehensive, data-rich scoring approach.
- Website Data via Interaction Designer: Understand the digital footprints of your prospects.
What’s exciting is that your scoring rules can marry data from various sources. Here are some illustrative examples:
- Holistic Engagement: Add 5 points for subscribers who not only read an email last week but also visited the pricing page.
- Leadership Engagement: Award 10 points to those subscribers with titles like SVP or CEO, especially if they engaged with your newsletter this month.
- Sales Funnel Insights: Boost by 20 points when the opportunity advances to the proposal stage and the subscriber maintains an active status.
Taking the Perspective to an Account Level
While Activation Studio meticulously calculates scores for individual subscribers, it’s often revealing to gauge the cumulative score at the account level. This becomes especially pertinent when multiple contacts from a singular account or company might be showing interest in your offerings. Curious about how this rolls out? We’ve got a dedicated knowledge base article diving into calculating total scores at the account level for a more holistic perspective.
Demystifying Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
ABM or Account-Based Marketing offers a reverse funnel approach. Rather than reaching out to a broad audience, ABM strategically zooms in on specific high-potential accounts, treating each as a unique market.
- Higher ROI: Focused efforts mean more efficient spending.
- Precision: Tailored messaging for targeted accounts enhances engagement.
- Team Synergy: Sales and marketing work harmoniously, targeting a unified goal.
Amplifying ABM with Activation Studio and Salesforce
Salesforce Sales Cloud Data:
Salesforce Sales Cloud provides rich insights into the sales pipeline, which can be crucial for ABM. By analyzing data related to leads, opportunities, and accounts, businesses can:
- Identify High-Value Accounts: By examining historical sales data, you can pinpoint accounts that have the highest potential value or those that align with your ideal customer profile.
- Understand Account Dynamics: Glean insights into an account’s decision-making process, hierarchy, and key stakeholders.
- Analyze Past Interactions: Understanding the history of an account’s interactions with your brand can guide your marketing approach, ensuring you’re building upon past successes or addressing previous pain points.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Data:
Marketing Cloud data adds another layer to your ABM strategy, focusing on customer engagement:
- Engagement Analysis: Understand which marketing campaigns or content pieces resonated most with your target accounts.
- Segmentation: Use data to segment accounts based on their interaction with previous marketing campaigns, ensuring that future campaigns are more tailored and effective.
- Journey Mapping: Map out the customer journey of high-value accounts, identifying touchpoints and opportunities for further engagement.
Web analytics offer insights into how target accounts interact with your online assets:
- Behavior Analysis: Understand the content preferences of your target accounts, such as which blog posts they read, which product pages they visit, and the webinars they attend.
- Intent Indicators: Track activities that indicate buying intent, like downloading a whitepaper or spending significant time on pricing pages.
- Optimization Insights: Identify areas on your website or in your app that might be a barrier for target accounts, such as high exit pages or uncompleted sign-up processes.
B2B Use Cases: Synthesizing Salesforce and Activation Studio
1. SaaS Giant Targeting E-commerce Ventures:
Leveraging Salesforce, web analytics, and lead scoring in Activation Studio, a prominent SaaS provider identified e-commerce businesses showing genuine interest. A bespoke campaign was crafted to showcase seamless tech integrations, leading to an uptick in demo requests.
2. Office Solutions Provider for the Remote Era:
Through Marketing Cloud insights and web data, a surge in bulk home office orders was detected. With Sales Cloud data on past bulk buyers, a campaign focusing on remote work adaptability was launched, driving a sales surge.
Account-Based Marketing is reshaping B2B strategies. With powerhouses like Activation Studio and Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud, ABM becomes not only feasible but also extraordinarily potent. If you’re keen on maximizing ROI and crafting pinpointed campaigns, it’s time to harness these tools.